REPORT OF MARRIAGE (ROM)
Requirements for Reporting the Marriage of Filipino(s)
The marriage between two Filipinos (male and female) or a Filipino and a foreigner (male and female), solemnized in Alberta or Saskatchewan, should be reported to and registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) through the Philippine Consulate General (PCG).
I. DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS
In registering a marriage, the following documents should be submitted:
A. Report of Marriage (ROM) Form (four originals) – Download Form
Important: Please check the information under item II (Procedure for
Application) for information on how to submit the ROM either
in person or by mail.
Please use BLACK ink in accomplishing the form.
B. Original and four (4) photocopies of the following:
B.1. Registration of Marriage issued by the Vital Statistics Office of Alberta or Certified True Copy of a Registration Document issued by the Vital Statistics Office of Saskatchewan;
B.2. PSA-issued Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse/s, and Foreign Birth Certificate of foreign spouse, if applicable;
B.3. Current valid passports of spouses (if foreign spouse has no passport, present valid ID);
B.4. For the Filipino spouse: Proof of Filipino citizenship at the time of marriage -- i.e., PH Passport, Permanent Residency (PR) card / work permit / landing papers;
B.5. If Filipino spouse/s are now Canadians, submit Certificate of Canadian Citizenship
B.6. Notarized Affidavit of Late Registration of Marriage (click here to download form) if ROM is being reported after twelve (12) months from the time of marriage. This Affidavit must be notarized by a local notary public and authenticated by the Deputy Provincial Secretary's Office in Edmonton (for Alberta-based applicants), or the Ministry of Justice and Attorney General in Regina (for Saskatchewas-based applicants).
NOTE: Please do not send original passports / PR cards by mail. Send only the photocopies.
C. Processing fee of CAD 36.25 in postal money order/bank draft made payable to the “Philippine Consulate General Calgary” (Note: Please use these exact words. Do not abbreviate. Otherwise, the bank will not accept your postal money order/bank draft). Do not send cash in the mail.
D. Authenticated Judicial Decree of Divorce (with four photocopies) for foreign spouse who was previously married. For the Filipino spouse whose previous marriage was subsequently annulled, submit an annotated PSA Marriage Certificate (with four photocopies) indicating that said marriage is now null and void.
E. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Death Certificate of deceased spouse if a widow/widower, and the Marriage Certificate with the deceased spouse.
II. PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
A. IN-PERSON SUBMISSION:
Applicants wanting to submit a ROM in person should book an appointment at http://www.calendly.com/yycpcg/nonpassport. Only those with confirmed appointments will be allowed entry in the PCG.
Below are the step-by-step procedures for in-person submission:
1. Book an appointment for a notarial/civil registration service with the PCG using its Calendly appointment system: http://www.calendly.com/yycpcg/nonpassport
2. On the date and time of your appointment, please bring the documents stated in IA and IB, and, if applicable, ID and IE, above.
3. Payment of CAD 36.25 in CASH (card payments are not accepted).
4. Self-addressed and stamped unused return envelope that the PCG will use to mail the ROB to the applicant; and
5. Note stating the applicant’s full name, address, email, and phone number.
Please note that processing of the documents takes seven (7) business days, counted from the next business day following receipt of application, before the documents are returned by mail to the applicants, provided the requirements and procedures listed above are complied with. The PCG is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any delay or loss in the mail or any other uncontrollable circumstances surrounding the notarization or authentication of the documents.
It would be best to use an envelope with tracking features so the applicant would know the status of the delivery of the documents by Canada Post/private courier service.
B. SUBMISSION BY MAIL:
1. The ROM Form and affidavit of late registration (if applicable) must be notarized by a local notary public.
2. The notarization by a local notary public must be authenticated by:
For marriage that took place in ALBERTA:
Deputy Provincial Secretary's Office
Room 111, 9833 109 Street
Edmonton ABT5K 2E8
For marriage that took place in SASKATCHEWAN:
Ministry of Justice and Attorney Genera
800 - 1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4B3
3. The locally notarized and authenticated ROM and affidavits, together with return envelope and money order/bank draft payment must be mailed to the PCG at this address:
Philippine Consulate General
Suite 100 - 1001 1st ST SE Calgary, AB Canada T2G 5G3
4. Mailed applications should likewise include the applicant's contact details (telephone and/or email address) in case the PCG needs to get in touch with the applicant for further information on the documents submitted.
5. Self-addressed prepaid envelope (preferably with tracking features) to be used in mailing the applicant's copy of the registered ROM.
Processing of ROM applications takes seven (7) working days, counted from the day after receipt of the complete application from the mail. Incomplete / non-compliant applications will not be accepted or processed.
Additional documents may be required by the action officer from the applicant upon evaluation of the documents submitted to determine citizenship, identity or eligibility of the applicant for registration of marriage under Philippine law.
Queries on ROM matters may be emailed to email@example.com.
The PCG forwards all Reports of Marriage to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in Manila through the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). Please note that a PSA- authenticated copy of the Report of Marriage (ROM) may be requested from the PSA after about six months from the date of filing of said report at the PCG. To request a PSA-copy of the ROM, you may go to https://psa.gov.ph/ or www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx.