Requirements for reporting the marriage of Filipino(s)

The marriage between two Filipinos (male and female) or a Filipino and a foreigner (male and female), solemnized in Alberta or Saskatchewan, should be reported to and registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) through the Philippine Consulate General (PCG).

In registering a marriage, the following documents should be submitted:

A. Report of Marriage Form (four originals) – Download Form

      Important:  The wife and the husband must present themselves at the PCG and sign the ROM Forms

                         in front of the consular officer. If one or both spouses are unable to file the ROM in person,

                         please refer to the additional requirements for ROM applications submitted by mail or

                         through a representative (please scroll down to see this section).

                                  Please use BLACK ink in accomplishing the form.

B. Original and four (4) photocopies of the following:


B.1.    Certificate of Marriage (submit the long form) issued by the Vital Statistics Office of Canada;


B.2.    PSA-issued Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse/s, and Foreign Birth Certificate of foreign spouse,

          if applicable;


B.3.    Valid passports of spouses (if foreign spouse has no passport, present valid ID);


B.4.    Permanent Residency (PR) card / work permit / landing papers of Filipino spouse(s); and


B.5.    Notarized Affidavit of Late Registration of Marriage if ROM is being reported after twelve (12) months

          from the time of marriage. Fee: CAD 36.25 


The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents from an applicant to prove his/her citizenship, status or identity pursuant to Philippine Passport Law (RA 8239) and the Foreign Service Act (RA 7157).


C. Processing fee of CAD 36.25 in cash or money order/bank draft made payable to the “Philippine Consulate

    General Calgary” (Note: Please use these exact words. Do not abbreviate. Otherwise, the bank will not accept

    your draft/money order). Do not send cash in the mail.


D. One (1) original or certified true copy & four (4) photocopies of the Judicial Decree of Divorce or Annulment if

     either spouse was previously married and divorced, or previously married and marriage was subsequently

     annulled, plus an annotated PSA Marriage Certificate (with four photocopies) reflecting the annulment/divorce



E. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Death Certificate of deceased spouse if

    a widow/widower, and the Marriage Certificate with the deceased spouse.




a.  The ROM Form and affidavit of late registration (if applicable) must be notarized by a local notary public.

b.  The notarization by a local notary public must be authenticated by:


     For marriage that took place in ALBERTA:                  Deputy Provincial Secretary's Office

                                                                                          Room 111, 9833 109 Street

                                                                                          Edmonton ABT5K 2E8

                                                                                          Phone:  780-427-5069

       For marriage that took place in SASKATCHEWAN:     Ministry of Justice

                                                                                          Authentication Services

                                                                                          800 - 1874 Scarth Street

                                                                                          Regina SK   S4P 4B3

                                                                                          Phone: 306-787-2951


c.  Mailed applications should likewise include the applicant's contact details (telephone and/or email address) in case the PCG needs to get in touch with the applicant for further information on the documents submitted.

d.  Authorization letter if submitting application through a representative.


Applicants are served on a first-come-first-served basis. There is no need to book an appointment.

* Processing of ROM takes three (3) working days, after which, the applicant's copy of the ROM will be issued to the

   applicant either in person (personal pick-up) or by mail (if applicant submitted a self-addressed envelope).

* Applicants who want their documents to be mailed back to them should also include a self-addressed prepaid 

  envelope in their application.  


Please bring the required number of photocopies of documents. The Consulate has no photocopying machine for public use and photocopying is not part of consular services offered.

Note:     Additional documents may be required by the action officer from the applicant upon evaluation of the 

              requirements to determine citizenship, identity or eligibility of the applicant for registration of marriage 

              under Philippine law.


Please note that a PSA- authenticated copy of the Report of Marriage (ROM) may be requested from the PSA after about six months from the date of filing of said report at the PCG. To request a PSA-copy of the ROM, you may go to or or  

Scroll Up